New features in Phylemon 2.0 :
- Web Design: It was completely re-designed.
- Tools: Many tools have been upgraded.
- Help: A complete wiki-help is available.
- Performance improvements: Many libraries have been upgraded and several tools have been rewritten to speed up analysis.
- Bandwidth usage: Server communication was improved. The bandwidth reduced almost 90%.
- Bug fixes: Several small bugs have been detected and fixed.
- Supported browsers: This release makes an intensive use of new web technologies and standards Supported browsers are: Chrome 7+, Firefox 3.5+, Safari 4+, Opera 10+ and Internet Explorer 8. Explorer 6 and 7 are no longer supported.
Phylemon 2.0 is the second release of the suite of web-tools for molecular evolution, phylogenetics, phylogenomics and hypotheses testing. It is conceived as a response to the increasing demand of molecular sequence analyses for experts and non-experts users.
Phylemon 2.0 has several features that differentiates from similar web resources:
- it offers an integrated environment enabling evolutionary analyses, format conversions, files storage and edition of results,
- it suggests the next possible analysis guiding the user through the web server, and
- users can define and save phylogenetic pipelines to be used with multiple genes (phylogenomics).
Phylemon 2.0 integrates a suite of 30 tools covering sequence alignment, trimming, tree reconstruction, visualization, manipulation of trees, and evolutionary hypotheses testing.
Phylemon has been extensively re-engineered and now it includes the use of Web 2.0 technology features, a new user interface with persistent sessions.
Phylemon 2.0 is available at http://phylemon.bioinfo.cipf.es
Phylemon 2.0: a suite of web-tools for molecular evolution, phylogenetics, phylogenomics and hypotheses testing.
Rubén Sánchez, Francois Serra, Joaquín Tárraga, Ignacio Medina, José Carbonell, Luis Pulido,
Alejandro de María, Salvador Capella-Gutíerrez, Jaime Huerta-Cepas, Toni Gabaldón, Joaquín Dopazo
and Hernán Dopazo
Nucleic Acids Research 10.1093 | nar | gkr408 (2011 Jun)